Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hello 2015!

Excited for 2015 would be an understatement. I’m not exactly sure how to explain it but I have such a confidence and anticipation for the great things God is going to do this year through SoloHope and I want to share those things with you. So here goes…

non-profit pending
Over the past year and half, the number one question I have received from people is “Are you a non-profit?” Up until now the answer has been no but we have officially started the process to become a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. It will take 6-12 months to be approved.  The micro-business and work with the SoloHope ladies will continue as it has in the past but through this move to non-profit status, I believe it will allow SoloHope to expand to use other tools to renew hope. Becoming non-profit also means when people ask if their donations will be tax-deductible, the answer will be yes.

Partner with more women in Honduras
We have some big goals for this year as far as how many women we want to partner with in Honduras through our “intentional trade” tool. By the end of the year, our goal is to be partnering with 12-18 women living in extreme poverty in Honduras through creating products that will be marketed in the US. So how will we accomplish this? As far as US operations go, there will be a focus on obtaining wholesale partners such a boutiques and fair trade stores. This will effectively help sell more product thus employing more women in Honduras but also reach more people with SoloHope’s story to renew hope.

New Program Training To Commence
Last year when I was in Honduras in February/March, several young women I’ve known for years opened up to me and shared, some through tears, their stories of sexual abuse and assault. I had long known sexual abuse to be a major problem in Honduras but to hear these stories from the victims themselves—from my friends, broke my heart. I began to pray “God, what is my response?” After some time, an idea of a program to focus on abuse prevention and recovery began form in my mind. This year will focus on training 1-2 Hondurans who have a pull to see this darkness brought to the light. This is not something to be taken lightly and experienced Christian counselors are being consulted in the process of creating this program. I ask for your prayers and clear direction in this area.

Operation: SoloHope Headquarters
Up until just a few days ago, SoloHope has operated out of my car and bedroom. I was surrounded by bracelets and necklaces and my room smelled of pine—not a bad thing (all SoloHope products are created from pine straw and thread) but it was beginning to feel a little claustrophobic. I felt like the Lord was pushing me to look for an office space but truthfully I was a little scared because I didn’t have a big budget for it and it was just a huge step of faith for me. But y’all the Lord provided the perfect space in the exact amount budgeted. It’s in Cairo and the layout is perfect. Not only will it act as an office but it will also be open to the public for people to shop and learn more about SoloHope and missions worldwide. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

jumpstart the year
Let’s jumpstart this year! All of the above takes money. I hate asking for money but I love seeing hope renewed and lives beginning to discover the beauty of Christ. So am I willing to do something I strongly dislike so I can see something I love take place? Yes! This is the only newsletter that I have or will point blank ask for your financial support. To jumpstart this year, we need $15,000 by the end of March. It seems like a big number but I know we serve an even BIGGER God. To do this ministry, finances are needed but I don’t want you see this as strictly a request for money. No, I want you to see this as an opportunity to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. Something that has eternal value. Something that brings hope and restores lives through Christ. Something that can dramatically transform families and communities. Something that can destroy the darkness and bring Light. We all have an opportunity do something and that’s what I’m asking you to do. However big or small, God will use it beyond all we can ask or imagine. So, friends, I invite you to give to SoloHope—to be a part of this story of hope.

In March, we will begin fundraising online via a crowd-funding website and I sincerely hope you will consider partnering with SoloHope financially to help us empower and renew hope for women and families in Honduras and beyond. For our campaign to succeed, we need your help and support. If you have questions or would like further discuss what the $15000 will be used for or our overall 2015 budget, please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call me at 229.516.2178. If you would like for me to come share with your church, small group, or maybe just you and a few friends over coffee about the mission and goals of SoloHope, please let me know. I would be honored.

Let’s make 2015 legendary!
Emilee

If you would like to make a financial donation, please make checks payable to SoloHope and mail to:
SoloHope
295 Bond Rd.
Cairo, GA 39827

or donate to our Indiegogo Campaign with the link below:

igg.me/at/solohope

Currently donations are not tax-deductible however upon approval of SoloHope’s 501(c)3, donations made to SoloHope up to 27 months before approval will be retroactively tax-deductible. At such point, you will receive a receipt from SoloHope for your tax-deductible financial donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment