Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Progress

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted but the work has definitely continued in my absence of blogging about this new endeavor called SoloHope!

Literally a couple hours ago, the hundredth bracelet was sold! How exciting is that!!!!!!! Totally exciting!!!!!!!! What is beautiful is knowing that this really can be a sustainable income for the ladies in Honduras and that their children's education will be sponsored. For each bracelet sold, $2 goes into an education fund for their children. Right now that fund is at $200 which may not seem like a lot but that's enough to sponsor 2 children for an entire year! And we're only 18 days into the business! Now that's being a part of an amazing story!!

Sunday, I hosted a small open house, SoloHope: A Part of the Story. It was a lot of fun and gave friends who've been asking about the bracelets an opportunity to see all of them and pick out their favorites. I am ever so grateful to all that came.

Today was another mile marker crossed for SoloHope as they can now be purchased in a local store called Sugar Magnolia's. It's right here in Albany, GA on Dawson next to Backstage. It's another pretty cool story how that happened! I have noticed this store's window every time I drive by it and finally I had to stop in. I found the cutest little French market full of beautiful treasures. As I put my purchase on the counter, Christina (Sugar Magnolia's owner) commented on my SoloHope bracelets. I of course told her the story and she offered to carry them in her store and a week later, there they are! Go check it out if you're in the area.

The next project is having a way the bracelets can be purchased online. That has been the most asked question. So stay tuned...

It is amazing to see this network evolve of people spreading the news about SoloHope and the beautiful story behind these bracelets! I LOVE it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment