Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Catch-up

Whew! It has been too long and it is time for some serious catch-up because there has been a lot going on with Solohope!

At the beginning of February, I went down to Honduras to spend a few days working with the ladies who are making the Solohope bracelets. It was so much fun! Dilcia and Maribel are two very talented and creative women who willingly deal with my horrible Spanish and crazy American ideas! Below are a few pics from the trip.
Favorite!

Beautiful hands

Maribel
Dilcia


Oma, Dilcia's daughter
Ana, Maribel's daughter
Just pine straw and thread!
Maribel, Me and Dilcia
Our first annual company party! Without each person around this table,
Solohope would not be possible. So thankful!
Also in February, I had the awesome privilege of sharing about Solohope and missions with the Wednesday night crew at Providence Baptist Church in Cairo, GA. They probably have no idea what an encouragement they were to me and my heart. And it was loads of fun watching them sort through bracelets, try this one and that one on, match these colors and those colors! Great night for sales ;) This church truly has a heart for global missions and I was so grateful, encouraged and humbled by their support.

No, I'm not singing but if you know me at all, you know I'm very
animated in my expressions and love to talk with my hands!

Providence Baptist Church Wednesday Night Service

Skipping ahead to March which by the way is almost over too! March 16th I set up shop at Byne Christian School's first Body, Mind and Spirit Market Days. I was so thankful (seems to be a reoccurring theme=Thankful) for my friend, Stephanie Patterson, who helped keep me organized that day. We had a great time sharing the story of Solohope and helping people pick out their favorites. It was so much fun because towards the end, people were coming up and saying we've been hearing the story of Solohope all day and had to come see the bracelets. Love some word of mouth! Not only did we get to sell lots of bracelets but some great connections were made as well as some very thoughtful suggestions.
My friend and great supporter of Solohope, Stephanie and myself

Beyond that, some other fun highlights: working on a video that tells the story of Solohope, plans for a website coming very soon and fun giveaways coming up on Solohope's facebook page tonight!

I am learning that starting and moving forward with Solohope is a learning experience and there's LOTS to learn but I absolutely LOVE it! My prayer is that I give it my best and then leave the rest in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment