Thursday, June 13, 2013

Story of a Song! {Video!!}

I love a good story. I love to read books with a great storyline and escape into another person's world and experiences or a different time in history. Perhaps that's why I keep saying "Be a part of the Story" for Solohope. Solohope is a redeeming story in the making and with many stories of God's faithfulness wrapped into it. Like how the song for this new Solohope video was found!

I've needed to make this video for the longest but due to a lack of time or various other things, I just haven't done it. I began to pray a couple weeks ago for someone to help with Solohope. For me, asking for help is one of the hardest things to do. I want to be this strong individual who can do it all on her own. Well God didn't make us to be isolated islands. So I did what any control-addict seeking rehabilitation would do, I prayed for help.

And the prayer was answered in the form of one of my coworkers, Jason. And so begins this crazy outrageous story of a song. Jason asked how he could help and I told him I needed a video that I can show at "Solohope Parties" (details to come). He jumped right on it and had me send him pictures and video that I had of the beautiful bracelets and their handcrafters. Then he asked what music I would like. I really had no idea but sent him a song I liked but wasn't sure would fit.

The next day Jason sent me a link to a video he had completed. This song I had never heard before began to play and I told him how much I LOVED it! He then proceeded to tell me how he found the song. He found a USB drive at gas station in Doerun, GA and dropped it in his car's cup holder where it sat for a couple weeks. Finally around the same time he was working on the Solohope video, he popped the USB drive into his computer with the intention to wipe it. But he soon saw church power points and music. I'm not sure what prompted him to pick this song called "My Hope" (or if it was even labeled) but he did. It was a perfect fit for the video. Jason was able to find the address of the USB owner and mailed it back. With it, he included a link to this blog.

End of the story, right? One would think. Until a couple days later, when my roommate, Stephanie, gets a message from a guy in Sale City she went to high school with saying that he was the owner of the USB drive that Jason found in Doerun that held the perfect song for this video you're about to watch!

Stephanie's former classmate made the connection between Solohope and Stephanie through seeing her picture on this blog from an event she helped keep me organized and sane at. Apparently he had no idea what had happened to the USB drive and was probably surprised when it arrived in his mailbox.

Ok, so I thought it was great story!

Trying to run and grow Solohope is whole new experience for me. One that if I'm truthful, I feel completely inadequate for but through this story, it's like God saying to me, "Emilee, I've got your back." Sometimes that's easy to forget in the midst of needing to do this and needing to do that and this and that. But He does, He has our backs. If He cares that much about a song, how much more does He care about our lives, the lives of those being impacted by Solohope and more specifically about your life? A whole heck of a lot!

Hope you all enjoy the video! Send me your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment