Sunday, December 1, 2013

1 Year!!!

It's December 1st and not only is just hard to believe it's this time of year again but it's even harder to believe that today SoloHope celebrates 1 Year in business! 1 Year of adventure! 1 Year of learning and growing! 1 Year of hope! 1 Year of many years' dreams becoming reality!

A year ago, I was speaking at a youth event in Cairo, GA sharing my heart for missions and also announcing the launch of this new business that was about so much more than business--it's about hope! It was amazing to see the beginnings of this dream becoming reality. The next day, I put on my Verizon uniform and went back to work at my full-time job and even I didn't know what the future held for that upcoming year.
I didn't know that a year later, I would be sitting in Honduras writing this blog having quit a secure full-time job with the best co-workers four months earlier to take the biggest risk of my life. I didn't know that I would at times feel like I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't know that I would have this amazing team of people come on board to help grow the vision and mission of SoloHope. I didn't know how much work creating a new product would take or how much I would love the process. And more than anything I truly had no idea how much SoloHope would impact the lives of the women who make the products--Dilcia, Maribel and Karina. I didn't know the impact it would have on their families. I mean, that was and is the whole point but I just didn't have a clue.
Our new products!

This God-adventure has been more than I could have ever imagined but isn't that what was promised.

          "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according
           to his power that is at work within us..."   ~Ephesians 3:20~

This year has been that more than I could have thought to ask or imagine. I think about the beautiful blessings that have come from this year.

Maribel being able to continue her son, Fernando's education
Dilcia and Maribel installing hornilla (form of wooden stove) in their homes
Adding a third SoloHope lady, Karina
Being able to share the vision of SoloHope with multiple churches, groups, chance meetings
Launching a website (twice)
Creating two new products this year 
Dilcia (and her mother) getting to Skype with her sister who she had not seen in a year
Backyard Bible study in Dilcia's backyard for the kids in the community
Lela, who manages SoloHope Stateside, visiting and getting to know the ladies behind SoloHope
Hope being renewed!





The list could go on and on and I'll probably post this blog and think why didn't I mention this, why didn't I mention that. I can't mention everything. I don't even know if I know how to communicate it. But know, please know that this year has been special. We have loooonnnnng way to go and sooooooooo much to learn but I trust that I serve a God who can totally handle it. May this God-adventure continue and I am so excited and curious to see what the 2nd year for SoloHope will hold!

Remember to pray for us. Also go check out our beautiful website www.solohope.org! We have some amazing sales going on this weekend. Perfect time to do some impactful Christmas shopping (I think I just made up a word--impactful?) It's all about renewing hope.

Blessings from all of us at SoloHope! Thank you for making our first year AMAZING!



No comments:

Post a Comment